College Honors Program
"The CHP has... been a major source of educational and personal growth. I have been exposed to very bright people with a wide range of thoughts and beliefs." – former CHP student Matt Stalter
Openings for Fall 2013! Applications must be submitted by March 1st of 2013.
Find out details by downloading this flyer .
Participants in the College Honors Program (CHP) receive:
- A tuition waiver for 15 credits
- Fees Paid
- Educational and enriching trips and activities
College Honors Program Academic Requirements
Students who have proven their ability to excel academically can participate in the College Honors Program on either the Prescott or Verde Valley campuses.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age by the start of the Fall semester, and
- Applicants must have at least two full semesters of work remaining before completion of an Associate degree (applicants may be asked to provide an advisor-signed academic plan), and
- Applicants must include one of the following with their application:
- High School Transcripts demonstrating a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale (or a score of 650 or greater on a High School Equivalence Diploma), or
- Yavapai College Transcripts demonstrating 14 or more completed of credits of degree or certificate seeking classes of a GPA of 3.5 or higher, or
- An SAT score of 1500 or higher, or
- An ACT score of 24 or higher
Once Admitted to CHP Students Must:
- 1. Enroll and complete a minimum of 13 credit hours (from courses numbered 100 or higher)
- 2. Progress towards earning a Yavapai College Associates Degree
- 3. Participate in special honors activities
- 4. Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
Interested in Becoming a College Honors Program Student?
Please download and read the following document:
For any additional questions, please contact the College Honors Coordinator:
No events are scheduled at this time.
Application Deadline for Next Fall: