Foundation Studies Division
- Dean Holbrook
Welcome to the Foundation Studies (FDNS) Division at Yavapai College. This Division provides courses in the areas of Communications, English, Math, and Student Success Skills.
In addition, the Division includes the Adult Basic Education Department which provides free, non-credit courses to prepare students to take the G.E.D. test and to improve their English Language skills. The Division also coordinates Dual Enrollment courses at high schools throughout Yavapai County, which allow students to earn both high school and college credit for classes taken at their high school.
Full-Time Faculty Directory
Facilities & Features
- Online, Hybrid, Computer-Based In Person, and Traditional In-Person classes offered throughout the day and evening on all campuses to meet student schedule needs.
- Utilizing web-based, MyMathLabsPlus courseware for all Math courses.
- Providing a full range of Adult Basic Education G.E.D. prep and E.L.A.A. courses to help students transition to college.
- A variety of Dual enrollment courses are offered at a number of Yavapai County High Schools. The courses include, but are not limited to, the Career and Technical Education areas, Math, and English.
- Through the Thumb Butte Speech Festival, we welcome each year hundreds of local elementary school students to the Prescott Campus with an opportunity to build an understanding and appreciation of Speech Communication.