Get structured field experience that enables you to explore potential careers, refine your technical skills, and acquire knowledge!
- Locate and arrange your internship placement from suggestions of faculty, the Career Services Coordinator, or through your own community contacts.
- Complete the Student Placement Confirmation form with your internship site supervisor to give to your supervising faculty member.
- Have your Supervising Faculty and Division Dean review and sign your Internship Study Contract (ISC).
- Prescott Students, take the ISC to the YC Registration Office to sign up and pay registration fees.
- Complete the necessary internship hours (135 hours/3 credits).
- Review your work performance with your supervisor/employer.
- Meet with your faculty member for review of learning objectives and final grade.
Are you the Supervising Faculty for a YC Student Intern?
To Set Up the Internship
Have an initial meeting with the student to accomplish the following.
To Complete the Internship
Meet with the student at least twice during the internship to monitor and evaluate their progress. Meetings may be conducted face-to-face, by telephone, or by email.
Assign a final grade for the course based on the following:
- Accomplishment of the student learning outcomes
- Completion of the Outcomes Assessment Measures
- Any input from the employer evaluations
Are you interested in working with a qualified YC Student?
To set up the Internship
During the Internship
- Conduct an orientation and any needed specialized training for the student
- Provide any necessary resources for the student to perform their responsibilities.
- Supervise and monitor student activities to ensure progress toward completion of work goals
- At the end of the internship, complete the Student Performance Evaluation form with the student. The student should use this feedback for evaluation wit supervising faculty.